Your business may feature on Google’s business listing service, Google My Business. This is a relatively straight forward system, allowing business owners (and their chosen managers of the page) to control how their business is listed and the search criteria for Google Maps, Google+ and Google Search.
Google My Business can provide many opportunities to give your bsuiness’s online presence an edge over your competition. Information and images can be added, and once your data has been updated this information will appear across all the Google platforms that can be viewed by your customers.
A McKinsey Global Institute study (Internet Matters, March 2011) found that small businesses with a strong web presence grew more than twice as quickly as those that had minimal or no presence. So it is imperative that this service is utilised correctly for your business.
According to James Croom, Marketing Manager of Google and who works on the Google My Business Initiative, while the advantages of having a strong online presence are clear, ‘business owners are overwhelmed.’ A survey by Brother conducted by Wakefield Research in March 2014, concluded that 63% of small business owners said they are inundated by the sheer number of technologies available.
Therefore, why not let us provide some peace of mind and manage your Google My Business page for you?
How does Google My Business work?
Only the business owner and his/her nominated page managers will see screens for Google My Business. Never allow anyone else to claim your business – you as the business owner should have full control.
Using and regularly updating Google My Business means that a business:
- Will offer up to date business information on Search, Maps and Google+: listing accurate opening hours, a correct map point of your location and much more
- Can add new photos of the business, including any new lines and/ or products will help enhance your message
- Will make a digital connection with existing and potential customers being able to share news, events and other important updates from the Google+ page.
- Can manage and respond to reviews from customers and visitors across the internet.
- Can discover how people find and interact with you using custom insights about how many times your business information is seen and from where. Google My Business can also integrate with Google AdWords too.
You may or may not have noticed that in Google Search, there is now a box which appears to the right of a Google business listing which shows photos, a map listing, and some detail on the business. This is referred to by Google as the “Knowledge Graph”. The Knowledge Graph gives your business a fantastic ‘shop window’ to encourage people viewing to engage further with your business.
Coupled with your business’s current SEO strategy, Google My Business provides further enhancements to ensure that, when your business is found, it contains the very best up to date information. Google has several other tools, such as Webmaster Tools, to manage your website’s appearance in Google listings. Google My Business is certainly not a magic bullet, but is part of a strategy that every forward thinking business should embrace.
Whilst we cannot alter or change the way a review is left, a claimed Google My Business listing will allow a business to respond in a professional and courteous manner, showing the world that you do care and if there are mitigating factors for anything less than 100% reviews.
Why is Google My Business important to me?
- Google is the number one business directory, giving your key company information to customers in an instant
- Information is easy to navigate with a click to call and a click to your website
- Works great across all platforms and devices (mobiles, tablets and PCs)
- All businesses can have a page
- You can easily add images and videos
- It comes with a great stats solution so you can see how much traffic you are getting
- If set up properly it will drive traffic to your website and phone
- Customers can read and add reviews of your business
- It comes with a single central dashboard, controlling your listing and stats solution
Included in our Google My Business page management solution:
- Page Creation – if you don’t already have a listing
- Page Verification – help with verifying and claiming an existing page
- Page Domain Link – add or amend your domain name
- Page Contact Info – address, telephone and other information
- Page Business Category – ensure you are in the correct listings
- Page Opening Times – addition and correction
- Page Business Description – add/ amend your description
- Page Conflict – Duplicate listing removal
- Google Maps Pin Correction – moved to highlight where your business actually is
- Photo Categorisation – images sorted and placed under the correct headers
Ongoing management solution to keep your business in front of progress:
- Google+ brand page creation and periodic updates using given information
- Merging with your business’s YouTube channel to create unified page
- Ongoing support including tips and advice in a regular newsletter
- Ongoing optimisation of page keeping up with Google developments
- Brand/ name/ address/ pin changes incorporated
- Support and general help responding to reviews/ direct reporting of malicious reviews and images where applicable
- Keep abreast of ongoing developments and system changes